We’ve written before on the Stanton’s blog about our knowledgeable staff. Now, we’d like to give you a chance to get to know our staff on a more personal level. Over the next several months, we will be having members of the Stanton’s team take our “30 Questions in 60 Seconds” questionnaire. We hope you will get to know the “real” us, and learn how we might better be of service to you!
Michael S. has been processing your orders and wrapping and shipping your music packages for years! He’s also an active musician in the Columbus regional area, playing bass guitar with his band, EYE.
1. What department do you work in at Stanton’s? – Receiving
2. What do you consider your specialties here? – I’m an expert package wrapper!
3. How long have you been working at Stanton’s? – 17 years
4. What is your favorite task at Stanton’s? – Receiving and processing our orders from the publishers
5. What is your hometown? – Ridgewood Township in Queens, New York
6. Where did you go to college? – Columbus State Community College
7. What is your major instrument? – Bass guitar and upright bass
8. Where or with whom do you currently perform/teach? – Various regional venues with EYE
9. What do you like to do in your spare time? – Practice (editor’s note – EVERY musician’s answer should be “practice”!), and D&D
10. What days are you available at Stanton’s? – Monday-Friday
11. What is the last song/piece you listened to? – D-Rider by Hawkwind
12. What is the last song/piece you played/sang? – Restorers by EYE
13. If you had a chance to perform with three musicians, living or dead, who would it be? – Dick Dale, Christian Vander, Herbie Hancock
14. What is your most memorable musical moment? – Accidentally bludgeoning my headstock into the face of some naked guy who was on acid. (Showbiz, right?)
15. If you could be instantly proficient on an additional instrument, what would you choose? – Flute
16. What is the most unusual performance you have ever been a part of? – I was once a prop in a drag king show.
17. What musical sound or noise do you love? – Mellotrons!
18. What musical sound or noise do you hate? – Vocal pitch correct, and techno beats
19. If you had your choice watching a great concert tonight or performing in a great concert tonight, which would you choose and why? – Some days both, some days neither
20. If heaven exists, when you arrive at the Pearly Gates, what heavenly ensemble would you like to be assigned to? – N/A – I believe in reincarnation.
21. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? – Sci-fi writer
22. What professional would you not like to do? – Work in a gas station
23. On a scale of 1-10, how funny do you think you are? – 5
24. Who was your first crush (if not a celebrity, some explanation)? – Jessica Lange in “King Kong”
25. Is there anything you wish would come back into fashion? – Tricorn hats
26. Do you love or hate roller coasters? – Eh, ambivalent
27. If you were a super hero, what powers would you have? – ALL OF THEM
28. How many pairs of shoes do you own? – 3
29. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? – Win the lottery, and then give myself the perfect job
30. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? – I think I’d starve!